Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm back from our adventure!!!

 We are (were) on our way to Rapid City to the Stock Show. I decided we wanted to drive through the Badlands!
 I am driving and Greg is taking the pictures when I tell him too. He's not an obsessive picture taker like me:)
 When we stopped at the visitor center, bathroom break I got in the passenger side...I won't bore you with all the pictures I took.
 The sun came out for awhile and things were brighter and the colors showed more. This part is more yellow than red.
 I wondered what the first people to see the Badlands thought? I'm sure how do we get the heck out of here? It is beautiful I think.

 On Sat and Sun at 1:00 there was a quilt trunk show by the different quilt groups around the Black Hills area. Paula and I were in the front row both days!
 The next weekend Paula bought this boot pattern and the same fabric for the boarder. When I was looking at my pictures I'm like it's the same! Good job Paula:)
 Of course I had to take pics of the western quilts. These were all on display, not part of the trunk shows.
 I like them all.
 She used a old piece of barn wood and barbed wire to hang her little quilt. I might steal that idea someday.
 Wildlife panel in the center helps make a quick quilt any guy would like.
 More western
 I liked the colors of this one.
 The rooster was painted then you sprayed water on it. It looked neat.
 Barns alot of cutting, measuring & sewing to much for me, but I'd take it if you gave it to me:)
 Cute hens with lots of eggs................
 Again with the western quilts.
More chickens lots of work went into that one too.
Fri night we went to the show Joyful Noise we all enjoyed it even the guys. Got back to the hotel and sat around and visited with Dale, Daine, Dan,Mary,Gary and Paula good time had by all:)
Ate lots of good food at Applebees and Famous Daves.
to be continued next stop Vegas baby...............JMF

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

What a great quilt show to see! The quilts and the pics of the landscape are gorgeous!

Jan Maree said...

Why is it called The Badlands? Beautiful scenery and lots of gorgeous quilts!!!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Sounds like a great trip! How was the Stock Show? I miss attending all of those. I love that your husband will take pictures while you drive! Gorgeous quilts! Don't see many western ones on blogs so its fun to see them in quilt shows. Welcome home!