Sunday, April 27, 2014

Baby Johnson's quilt..........................................

 I made this quilt for our fearless leader, Laurie of the SD Cattlemen's Auxiliary!! She will be having her baby in June.
 This is the second one of these panels that I have. The first one I just cut the squares and made taggies out of them.They were cute but I like this quilt too:) I found the panel in Edgemont at the Nuts and Bolts quilt shop in the middle of nowhere!! Anyway was glad to find it because I wanted to make a quilt with it.
 When I was taking the pictures I noticed the animals the boys had been playing with so I played alittle too!



 I couldn't find a sheep and I thought I had one, but Lucas said no you don't.
 This is Laurie and Brandon's brand. After I had it all done I thought of putting it on there so it is with permanent marker.
 I like the back almost as much as the front:) I hope the little one grows to love the quilt and it is worn out some day by him or her!!! I did put a rod pocket on the back to hang it on  a wall, but I would rather it gets used too.
 I finished up this little cowgirl panel. I have the matching boy one too. Does any one know of a twin girl and boy that needs quilts:)
As I sit here and listen to the wind howl I think it's to bad the women on the prairie years ago didn't have Internet to help them from going crazy from loneliness and the sound of that wind..............JMF.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love how you used that farm panel. I have one that might work with a similar layout.

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

Cute quilts!

Moneik said...

Those are super cute quilts! I just love that farm animal one. Thanks so much for the pencils and erasers. Mikaela loves them and has to have at least 1 in her backpack at all times.