Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall happening...............

 Greg asked me the other day why his deer heads aren't on the blog yet?? The one on the right is his new one. Actually he shot it several years ago and only kept the antlers, so he asked Eric from Feldhaus Taxidermy to mount it for him. Greg is very pleased with it, some of the horns needed alittle repair and it turned out great.
 Lucas and I checked the fall calving cows a few times in the last few weeks when the guys were combining, and  weaning calves.
 We had some good laughs and checked out the blinds and decoys of whoever is hunting that water pond.

 We spied their boat and I said we should take it for a ride if I can get it started... no we didn't:)
 Their are 2 blinds out there so we had to check them out. We discussed the finer points of decoys like the cost... alot $$ according to Lucas!
 In between checking blinds, and duck stories we looked  for new calves which we didn't find, but found some that were out in the corn so we got them back in.
 asleep on the job...
 Then we rode in the combine for a few rounds.


 I guess the pictures are not in order.
 The calves have been eating their blind:)
 How do you like my new wall hanging??? Maybe Carrie won't read this.
 She bought the panel at the new quilt shop in Huron, and I got it together.
 The birds, leaves and sunflower are 3d makes it pretty cute. Maybe Carrie can have it next fall!
My birthday was months ago, but just got this stagecoach birdhouse from Sue. I love it and it looks so nice there. Lucas agrees with me no birds are going to poop on it:)...............JMF

1 comment:

cucki said...

Beautiful
Post and I love the bird house so much..so sweet xxx