Thursday, January 29, 2015

More Christmas sewing and other stuff!!!!

 I made pillow cases for the grandkids and 3 foster kids for Christmas.
 So that was 10 in all.
 I put their presents in them and tied them shut. Easy wrapping:)
 I want a barn quilt we saw this one the other day by Dell Rapids.
 I found this pattern (free) on The Fat Quarter shop site. It is called Mini Charm Mix Table Runner http://static.fatquartershop.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/MiniCharmMix.pdf
 I went together pretty fast.
 I got the back on sale at the quilt shop in Huron. I plan on donating it.
 All this nice weather we have been having and yesterday was the first day I went for  a walk. The guys were fencing.
 The snow is almost all gone.
 The cows were enjoying the weather too:)
 Water running  in the culvert.
 They spotted me and came to see if it really was me.
 They are thinking " I wonder where she has been these last few months?"

 She must have came out of hibernation!! I told them I'd see them again but not til it warms up:)
 He looks alittle like me in the morning before my coffee...grumpy!!
 I went behind the house to put more corn out for the birds and squirrels and took these pics back there.
 Green under the dead leaves!! Sorry this has to go come spring it is taking over everything.
 I love my hen and chicks.
A new project. I won a bag of Moda scraps they are strips of fabric  along the selvage. So I am using them and finding out they aren't quite wide enough. Oh well it's been kindof fun making these blocks, except when I goofed up!!...........JMF

3 comments:

Sara said...

Love those pillowcases and how clever to use them to wrap the kids' gifts. I may do that with their birthday gifts.

Isn't that Mini Charm Mix pattern cute? I have it all ready to make using some 30s Moda Candy packs. Maybe this weekend during the Super Bowl.

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

The weather has certainly been amazing lately... and now, we're back to the cold! I'm hoping to make a painted quilt block someday... although all we have is a garden shed to put it on. But first, I have to design it!

Ranch Wife said...

Great pillowcases and clever idea to use them to wrap gifts! I've eyed that table runner as well - yours is super cute - I need something to cover my washing machine and dryer and I think a scrappy table runner is just the ticket. Now to find some sewing time - I've been spending lots of time with cattle - like you have! Fun pictures!