Friday, October 23, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival!

 I am entering this quilt in the Original Design Quilt Category.

I fell in love with the center fabric when I saw it online. When I got it I pulled the other fabrics from my stash to make the blocks. I wanted to highlight the center fabric so just cut a piece of that to surround with the star blocks.
 I picked out 4 of the brands in the fabric to applique in the 4 corners of the quilt.

 In the middle boarder I even used the scraps from the half square triangles cut from  the star blocks.
 No scraps were left behind:)
You can find the festival in this link  http://amyscreativeside.com/blog/
Go have a look around. Thank you Amy for putting this fun festival together. I love looking at all the quilts and voting for my favorites!.......JMF




7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How perfect for that center fabric! Love your brands!

Katie Cogswell said...

What a fun quilt!

QuiltSue said...

I like what you did to use the centre fabric.

Leanne Parsons said...

I love the brands you used for the corner blocks! What a fun way to use a fabric you love.

Janet said...

A real cowboy quilt! (Or is it cowgirl?) I love how you used the cutoffs in the middle border.

Ranch Wife said...

I love this! You did such a great job designing around your focus fabric! I'm impressed with your brands! I'm still scared of applique, but I'm trying because I love the way it looks and there are so many cute ideas to use it - like your brands. Very cool!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Fun fabric to use! The stars go well as the border!