Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A finished quilt.

 My Christmas present quilt is finished! Jared's family gave me the fabric in the center of the quilt and Carrie's family gave me the gift certificate that bought the rest of the fabric.
Kay quilted it with a barb wire motif . 
Some day Carrie and Sarah will have to draw straws to see who gets it!

I made these aprons for a friends 2 boys,she said they wear them when making cookies and mixing milk for bottle lambs! True farm boys:)
Lucas' big rooster he's a pretty boy!
The heifers all have their babies by their sides so that is a good thing.
Black sheep black sheep had a white lamb the other night!
Lucas' goose has been laying eggs so he's going to try and hatch them. We checked several times the other day but she didn't lay it while I was there.
I went to talk to John while he was doing lamb chores the other day and we spotted this eagle sitting in a tree at the end of the calf pen.

We have extra mud if anyone wants some!
JMF.................................

11 comments:

Ranch Wife said...

I love how you bordered that wonderful fabric with the stars...great idea. Sounds like things are busy down on the farm...those lucky boys have their hands full. And as for that mud...it'll be expensive to ship so just send the rain and we'll make our own. :)

Brooke said...

wow, I love all the farm pictures!

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Sara said...

Spring on the farm - just bursting with new life! I miss it sometimes.

That quilt is really awesome. And the barbed wire quilting is so clever.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

So many happy faces to welcome spring! Your quilt looks lovely.

Susan said...

Great finish on the quilt, and love all the animal pix, especially the eagle!

Nancy said...

What a great quilt! I love the center, the stars, and especially those tiny half-triangle squares in the border. The cows, the sheep -- beautiful photos!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for sharing the "awakening" of spring in nature with us. I lOVE all the animals.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a terrific quilt ladder you have to display your latest finish!
Mud = spring!
Enjoy slowing down with your stitches!

Judy said...

I love your pictures. Wish I had grown up on a farm. I take pictures of the lovely green mountains here in California, and the black cattle dotted on its pastures. It’s hard to imagine all that mud. If you are as busy as Ranch wife, and I know you are, I don’t know how you get sewing done. Your quilt is very pretty. Enjoy spring!

Miaismine said...

Beautiful quilt filled with memories of loving family members who "get" your likes! How wonderful your quilt turned out! Congratulations!

Christine Slaughter said...

The quilt is fantastic! Love the barb wire quilting too, that is perfect! Love all of the farm pictures as well. The calf is adorable!